
GORDO BANKS PANGAS
September 27th, 2026
Next report will be posted on October 11th
Our port officially closed Thursday night due to Hurricane Polo. We got lucky with this one! As of now, we have not experienced much rain, only light showers and scattered clouds across the region. We are seeing big swells and waves, which is the main reason for the closed port decision. We do not know when the port will be reopened as we are expecting bad weather throughout next week. Looking at the forecast, even if the port reopens some time on the 28th or 29th, we are expecting strong winds throughout our fishing grounds.
Unfortunately, we are seeing another storm development in the Pacific, expecting it to be in close proximity to us on October 1st and 2nd. This storm can change its path and strength continuously, so we must keep a close eye on it and prepare for a possible direct hit. As of now, it seems to be shifting to the West, taking a similar path as Polo. We are most likely going to see a closed port on September 30th, and it could reopen on the 4th or 5th, all depending on its path and how waves affect our coastlines.
This week, we were able to salvage a few charters Monday through Thursday. Due to Hurricane Polo making headlines on news outlets, most of our clients decided not to make the trip down, which was probably the smartest thing to do. The few charters that we had throughout the week were not as successful. We saw the most consistency focusing on bottom structures throughout the areas of Iman. We experienced moderate winds and strong currents most days we fished, so it made it challenging. A few boats were able to land nice dogtooth snapper and grouper on big chunks of skipjack. Some of these snapper and grouper were in the 40-to-60-pound range.
The tuna bite at Vinorama remains spotty as boats were lucky to hook one or two in a morning outing, while still dealing with sharks. A handful of boats reported big tuna at the Outer and Inner Gordo. The biggest tuna came in at 188 pounds, while we saw a handful in the 90 to 145 pound range. Most of these tuna came on small skipjack, bulito, and chiwili.
Due to bad weather and limited fishing time, we will not be posting a Sunday fish report next week. We will prioritize taking care of our boats and following the port captain and authority guidelines. If you have any questions regarding storms/bad weather, feel free to contact us via email at gordobanks@gmail.com.
Good Fishing, Brian












